Surfers Paradise wasn't just a Queensland thing over the weekend - it was much of the east coast thanks to prevailing weather conditions.
And don't photographers just love a good "weather event" - as they're now called. Well, ACM's surf-loving snappers certainly made the most of the swell over the weekend.
Illawarra Mercury photographer Sylvia Liber's affinity with all things surf-related is widely known, though this time round she was at her land-lubbing best. Check out the weekend photos here.
A few hours north, the Hunter beaches coped a battering, too. The most eroded sections of Stockton beach were largely spared while it was a big-wave paradise for surfers at Merewether on Saturday before conditions worsened on Sunday. Enjoy the images from Simone De Peak, Johnathan Carrol and Dave Anderson, right here.
And in between those two locales, is another amazing collection of weekend images from the southern reaches of Sydney.
- In case you are interested in filtering your pandemic coverage down to just twice a day, then why not sign up for COVID-19 Informed newsletter?
More stuff happening around Australia ...
- Abandon bullet trains and query Sydney-Newcastle upgrade: think tank
- Check to see if you can claim part of lost millions from the State Revenue Office
- Australia's 2020 ski season will go ahead, but in what capacity?
- Why the Payne family wants you to know about neurofibromatosis
- Severe weather warning remains: Dangerous winds and heavy rainfall to continue
- Chilly May weekend as lowest maximum temperature records tumble in Queensland
- 'Celestial skidmarks' in the sky captured above Tasmania
- 'Born out of frustration': How Alex helped stem the tide of suicides in the Illawarra