Have you ever tried busking?
Proud Welshman, Steve Evans, did. And was surprised at what a failure his decision was. But instead of slinking away in embarrassment (as some would), he has reported about his failed attempt.
“It didn’t happen like that. I turned up and stood outside the Community Centre and realised I would have to compete with real buskers, twanging guitars and belting out various Celtic numbers,” he said.
”I started reciting and it became clear that most people thought I was some sort of crazy, the kind who talks nonsense loudly to themselves in the street. It being in Welsh didn’t help.”
ALSO LISTEN TO: A burnt leg | A podcast by Simon Bourke
What do you think?
CATCH UP ON OTHER EPISODES BY CLICKING THE LINKS BELOW
- EPISODE SEVEN: Getting older
- EPISODE SIX: International Puppy Day
- EPISODE FIVE: About bullying and social media
- EPISODE FOUR: Do strong women have to be feminists?
- EPISODE THREE: Celebrating St David’s Day
- EPISODE TWO: Hear how a former city man has changed his tune
- EPISODE ONE: Hear what the voters say about Barnaby Joyce