We’ve had a great response from local photographers to our Sharp Focus competition. Keep sending in your fantastic pictures.
We have been amazed at the quality of the photographs people are taking on their iphones, ipads and digital cameras.
We have invited you to submit your favourite snaps and you've jumped at the chance. Whatever the subject - people, nature, landscapes, oddities - we want to see the diversity of this great area in all its glory.
Each month a team of judges will select a “Photo of the Month” for our papers in the New England and North West, with the winning entries featuring on the front page and our Facebook page.
We'll be sharing a selection of the entries online, in print and on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter throughout the month.
Come back regularly to see if your entry is featured.
So capture the colour of your world and send us your top pictures. Just click on the link and start uploading.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be a resident of the New England and North West regions to enter the competition, and to be eligible your main source of income can’t be derived from photography. By entering, you are stating the photograph was taken by you and that you are the owner.
- The photographer gives Fairfax and associated mastheads permission to publish their submitted photographs in any form, including print, online, social media, book, calendar or exhibition. The photographer retains the copyright. Photos must either be taken in the region or feature New England and North West people.
- Photos must be a minimum of 500kb and a maximum of 2mb. Fairfax reserves the right to crop the photograph.
- Monthly winners for each of our publication will be chosen by our judges: Gareth Gardener, photographer Northern Daily Leader, Peter Hardin, photographer Northern Daily Leade, Mary Sinanidis, Editor, North West, Laurie Bullock, Editor, Northern Tablelands , Fiona Ferguson, Editor, Peel Valley
- The judges decision will be final. The monthy winners will be notified by email prior to publication.
- The New England and North West publications will feature the winning photographs on digital and print editions. The winning photographs will also feature on social media pages.
- Watermarked photos will not be accepted.