LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* Prime Minister Scott Morrison has announced a scheme to help workers who lose their livelihoods because of coronavirus lockdowns. Affected workers will be eligible for up to $500 a week.
* A stand-alone quarantine centre for Victoria has taken a step forward with the federal government handing a memorandum of understanding to the state.
* Restrictions are set to ease for regional Victoria on Friday, while Melbourne remains in lockdown for another week.
* Victoria recorded three new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, all of them primary close contacts of existing cases.
* Year 11 and 12 students in Melbourne will resume face-to-face learning from Friday, but Victorian teachers are questioning whether it's safe.
* No local cases of COVID-19 were detected in NSW after more than 18,000 people were tested following a scare on the south coast.
* The Queensland government launched a drive to fully vaccinate all private aged care and disability workers against COVID-19 within three weeks.
* South Australia will begin vaccinating aged care workers, Premier Steven Marshall has announced.
* More than 200 Australian children are stuck in coronavirus-ravaged India, DFAT told the Senate.
* Western Australia's Health Minister Roger Cook has urged the federal government to help establish a standalone quarantine site in the state, the location of which could be identified within weeks.
* Australia will give an extra $50 million to the global effort to widen COVID-19 vaccination of people in low and middle-income countries.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 4,642,703 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Wednesday, including 141,259 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 2,944,422 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 84,268 in the previous 24 hours).
* 2,578,978 have been issued in primary care (+80,334) and 365,444 in aged and disability facilities (+3,934).
* 1,698,281 have been administered by the states and territories, including 56,991 in the previous 24 hours.
* 536,319 have been administered in Victoria (+22,944), 461,855 in NSW (+14,595), 245,855 in Queensland (+9154), 179,435 in Western Australia (+3551), 115,881 in South Australia (+3351), 71,622 in Tasmania (+1349), 51,354 in the ACT (+944) and 35,960 in the NT (+1103).
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported three new locally acquired virus cases on Thursday, all in Victoria.
* There have been five new overseas acquired cases recorded in hotel quarantine: two each in NSW and Queensland, and one in SA.
* The national death toll is 910: Victoria 820, NSW 56, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, SA 4, ACT 3 (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 171,686,000
* Deaths: at least 3,691,000
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 1,970,977,000.
Data current as of 1730 AEST on June 3, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press