A TAMWORTH man charged with the reckless wounding of a local woman has had his court case progress, while he remains behind bars.
Michael Booby, 25, did not appear in Tamworth Local Court on Wednesday, but his defence solicitor appeared via video link, and told the court his client was not required to be on the screen.
Police prosecutor Sergeant Rob Baillie told the court the next step could be taken in the case, as the brief of evidence was now ready.
Booby is accused of domestic violence-related reckless wounding of a Tamworth woman, but has not been required to enter a plea to the charge.
Booby was arrested in Armidale last October after detectives, the Proactive Crime Team, highway patrol and uniformed police backed by the dog squad zeroed in on him during a manhunt spanning two days and three towns.
"Do we have a compliant brief?" magistrate Julie Soars asked the court on Wednesday.
"I am happy to say we have an EAGP compliant brief and we are asking for the matter to be adjourned for charge certification to the 10th of March," Sergeant Baillie said.
Booby has been behind bars since his dramatic arrest in October 2020.
"I've marked bail not applied for, refused today," Ms Soars told the court.
Ms Soars ordered Booby to appear via video link from prison on the next occasion. The matter will go back before the court on March 10 for charge certification.
The charge certificate will specify exactly which offences the accused is set to face.
The 25-year-old Tamworth man was captured in dramatic fashion last year, after a manhunt started in Tamworth and led police officers to Armidale and Guyra.
It ended in his arrest in Fayle Avenue in Armidale, and Booby was charged with an arrest warrant in relation to the Tamworth matter, as well as other matters which remain before the courts.