The story of Egan House will reach a national audience on Sunday.
ABC TV's Restoration Australia filmed an episode in Inverell last year.
Local couple Jo and Digby McNeil took on the restoration project when they bought the old convent and neighbouring Egan House at auction in 2017.
It had been part of a remarkable and historic 'job lot' that included the Sisters of Mercy convent and an old boys' boarding school!
The two-storey convent was built in 1908 by the Sisters of Mercy as their home and in 1922 they also bought the neighbouring Egan House, a double storey Victorian terrace, which had been built in about 1876.
It was a stand-alone house for years where Charles Egan, who had the first cordial factory in Inverell, raised 15 kids before selling the property to the Catholic Church.
It later became a boarding house for boys.
After the Sisters sold it in 1980 and left, it was later bought by an American, Gabriel Sheridan, for his holiday home.
But it came back onto the property market as a deceased estate after Mr Sheridan died without restoring it.
When the McNeils purchased the whole property portfolio at the 2017 auction, they prepared to restore Egan House.
The three properties were packed with an intriguing collection of antiques including Oscar Wilde's bed, a moose head, three Steinway pianos and a tabernacle from Mary McKillop's canonisation.
- The program will screen at 7.40pm Sunday on ABC.