Waterfall Way between Bellingen and Dorrigo is still experiencing flooding but is open with traffic affected in both directions.
Leans Bridge on Darkwood Rd at Thora is flooded and Lavenders Bridge joining north and south Bellingen has been closed.
Waterfall Way between Bellingen and Dorrigo has been closed in both directions due to flooding at Thora since 10.45am today (Thursday).
There's a risk that Lavenders Bridge may close soon too as water is close to the deck and rising.
You can access the latest bridge photos at https://www.kombuwholefoods.com.au/floodcam/ and at https://www.bellingen.nsw.gov.au/bridge-flood-camera-network
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com, download the Live Traffic NSW app or call 132 701
Minor Flood Warning for the Bellinger River
at Thora and Bellingen
Issued at 10:57 am EDT on Thursday 13 February 2020
Flood Warning Number: 4
MINOR FLOODING CURRENT AT THORA AND EXPECTED AT BELLINGEN
Minor flooding is occurring along the Bellinger River at Thora and is expected at Bellingen from late morning.
Heavy rainfall has been recorded across the Bellinger catchment since Wednesday afternoon. Further rain is forecast for the next 18 hours.
Minor flooding is occurring along the Bellinger River.
The Bellinger River at Thora is currently at 3.45 metres and rising, with minor flooding. The Bellinger River at Thora is likely to reach around 3.90 metres Thursday afternoon with minor flooding. Further rises are possible with forecast rain.
The Bellinger River at Bellingen is likely to reach around 4.70 metres Thursday afternoon, with minor flooding. Further rises possible.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
- Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
- Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
- Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
- Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW