The Foodie Night Markets, which was due to be held in Armidale tonight, has been cancelled after one of their vehicles caught fire on Friday morning.
The event at the Jockey Club this evening would have featured food trucks coming from NSW, selling tacos, haloumi chips, chorizo burgers, loaded waffles, and the like; live music by a Port Macquarie band; jumping castles and slides for the kids; and a bar for adults.
A food vendor's truck was involved in a road accident this morning and caught fire, organiser Anna Demasi said.
"This has been a big loss," she said. "We're still in shock. Unfortunately, we've had to cancel the event."
Ms Demasi apologised for any inconvenience the cancellation may have caused.
This was to have been the first time the Foodies Markets came to Armidale. The organisation is based in Sydney, but only works in regional and coastal areas.
- Rachel Ward coming to North West Film Festival
- One thousand bikers are expected to see Walcha rise to the occasion
- 'It's surreal': Bernie Shakeshaft finalist in Australian of the Year awards
- School 'doing everything it can' to support students after shock death
- Man attacks two women after they backed out of threesome