I-MED Armidale are looking to recruit a Chief Medical Imaging Technologist/ Sonographer to their team. The successful applicant will work with and lead a team of 10-12 dedicated Sonographers, Medical Imaging Technologists and Medical Imaging Nurses.
The role is a permanent full time, or permanent part time position, and would suit a senior Sonographer or a senior Sonographer/Radiographer looking for the next step in their career.
Our clinic in Armidale offers many varied Medical Imaging modalities including Ultrasound, CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, General X-Ray, Mammography, OPG, Bone Densitometry, Screening and interventional procedures. We are a busy rural clinic proudly servicing the Armidale community and its surrounding areas.
Working for I-Med Armidale in this role would provide you with the professional growth you desire, combined with lifestyle benefits only rural living could allow. The perfect work/life balance awaits you in this beautiful rural city. Armidale is an academic city with exceptional educational facilities for your family. Armidale boasts many wonderful primary and secondary schools and a University. While advancing your career with I-Med you will experience the stunning scenery of the city, explore its wonderful waterfalls, choose from several fabulous restaurants, and enjoy the fine wines of the region.
As Chief MIT you will play a pivotal role in this dynamic practice and will be required to take a comprehensive approach to providing medical imaging services. This would include a strong clinical focus that provides high quality, and accurate medical imaging services to referrers and patients, as well as a commercial focus that provides both improved clinical and financial outcomes.
Key accountabilities include:
- Ensure outstanding service delivery and provide supervision of the day-to-day management and operations of the clinic.
- Perform routine and specialised medical imaging procedures to the highest professional standards as required.
- Manage, develop, and mentor Sonographers, Medical Imaging Technologists and Nurses, and provide clinical guidance in the clinic.
- Join and actively participate within a senior leadership team.
- Work closely with senior staff to plan and manage the daily workforce requirements, taking into account productivity levels in the clinic by ensuring appropriate staff rostering, annual leave planning, and general leave management as required.
- Provide quality improvement initiatives, and review and refine work practices to improve clinical and financial outcomes.
- Provide the highest level of patient care and customer service
- Establish and maintain strong, cooperative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
Key selection criteria:
- Current registration with the Australian Sonographer Accreditation Registry (ASAR)
- Ability to manage, coach and lead clinic staff in a busy and dynamic environment
- Demonstrated ability to perform high quality medical imaging examinations employing correct techniques above the accepted industry standard
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively with radiologists, patients, staff and other medical and non-medical personnel
- Strong work ethic and commitment to the culture and values of I-MED Radiology Network
Working for I-MED offers you:
- Commitment to continuing professional development (CPD) and career advancement
- Access to extensive leadership and management training opportunities
- Opportunities to progress with I-MED’s continued growth and expansion
- Latest imaging equipment and continued investment in new technology
- The shared collective knowledge and support of the I-MED network
- Competitive remuneration package with flexible work options
- Commitment to your health and well-being, including access to employee assistance program
- A range of employee benefits, such as paid parental leave and discounted Health Insurance
- An innovative, respectful and welcoming clinic environment united in the pursuit of excellence
If you’re seeking a new challenge and are passionate about the delivery of exceptional medical imaging services to patients, referrers and the community, we encourage you to apply today.
Discover new opportunities and join us on the journey to become the most respected and trusted medical imaging specialists in the world.
I-MED has a policy which requires all I-MED staff to have their first dose of COVID-19 vaccination by 31 October 2021 and their second dose by 15 December 2021, unless they have a valid medical exemption. Some staff will be subject to Government public health orders to be vaccinated earlier than this date. The successful candidate for this role will be required to comply with I-MED’s policy and any applicable Government public health orders. During our interview process, we will be asking you to please confirm your ability to meet the above-mentioned requirements of the role.
If you are the successful candidate, we will ask you to provide us with your vaccination certificates (or other evidence, such as a valid medical exemption) before we are able to make an offer of employment to you.